I enjoy sharing some of my knowledge and interesting facts about the topic at hand when we are learning. It is refereshing to see students' faces light up with curiousity and interest.
It is also pleasing to see that the students have attained the knowledge learned during classes.
- Adaptibility. With my flexible teaching style, I am able to adjust and adapt my teaching approach to cater to the student's learning style.
- Patience. Some students take more time to grasp concepts than others. As a tutor, I can help students correct repetitive mistakes in an encouraging and calm tone.
Adjusting and adapting your teaching style to the student's learning capabhilites is one of the most important things a tutor can do for a student. Every student learns and grasps concepts at different paces. It is vital for the tutor to change his/her teaching methods according to how well the student is catching on.
Another point is providing a fun and engaging learning environment for the student to interact and speak up. It is important to avoid classes from being too one-sided. By doing this, students will be more motivated to give ideas and raise questions during classes.
Holy Trinity College
The University of Hong Kong
Attaining level 5** in the DSE English reading component.
I am 20 years old this year. I was born and raised in Hong Kong but I am of Nepalese ethnicity. I am currently studying in The University of Hong Kong. I am on the third year of my Bachelor of Arts degree programme, double majoring in Linguistics and Global Creative Studies.
- above a year of experience in teaching English to students ranging from kindergarten to Form 6 in both individual and group class settings.
- assisted students with the grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking components of English.
- created supplementary grammar exercises for students to enhance their language skills
- helped Form 4 to 6 students prepare for all four components of the English DSE paper with mock exam papers.
Kindergarten, Primary, Junior Secondary, DSE
網上補習, 上門補習, 圖書館上課, 公衆場合