What do I enjoy most about tutoring?😁
When my students show improvements, I feel amazing because it's a sign that my hard work and my students' hard work, both paid off! Also, I think it is very respectful to be a teacher because, in one way or another, we are inspiring the upcoming generation.
My Strengths as Tutor💪
1. Patience: Being a tutor, I think having patience is important especially if the student is struggling with a particular topic. Having enough patience, I would try my best to explain a topic multiple times in different ways because the student might not understand the first time they learn a new topic.
2. Strong conceptual knowledge of the subject: Having a clear basic knowledge of the subject that I am going to teach will help me teach my student better. I can explain the subject better to my student. I like to make my lessons more interactive in this way the student will be more connected to the lesson.
3. Strategies and techniques to ace the public exams: Being a former HKDSE student I am experienced in the techniques on how to answer a particular question or finding out what the marker wants the student to write in order to gain marks. Also, especially for HKDSE English, it is really important to strategize the format of the answer, especially in papers 2, 3, and 4 which I am quite experienced about.
Most important things I can do for a student🏅
1. Build a positive and friendly learning environment so the student can be open and share everything with the teacher. This will make the students more comfortable with the teacher especially when the student is having a doubt or confused.
2. Identify the student's vital areas and areas in which he/she needs to focus and work.
3. Adapt a teaching style that is convenient to the students. This will help the students to grasp knowledge in their own way.
English Language tutoring
High School Attended
Sir Ellis Kadoorie Secondary School
The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Science (Ongoing)
I am Soumik, a 19-year-old local student living in Hong Kong. Currently, I am a 2nd-year student at The University of Hong Kong pursuing a Bachelor of Science (BSc), majoring in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology. I am naturally quite introverted but I love exploring new places and going out with my friends.
Firstly, I was given the opportunity to teach Secondary school kids Mathematics to be specific, I taught Secondary 1 students mathematics in my own secondary school where I felt that teaching is something that I tend to like a lot because I observed that I connected to my students pretty well and developed a good friendship. During my time as a teacher, my students made significant improvements in their grades and also I received positive reviews from the head of department (HOD) and the students themselves.
Secondly, I am very confident in my ability to teach HKDSE English, especially Speaking, Listening, and Writing. Even though I do not have formal teaching experience in HKDSE English, I am eager to use my natural teaching style which will be effective in helping the students succeed. I am very confident that HKDSE English is one of the strong areas for me to teach my students and something I will be happy to do.
What I can Tutor
Junior Secondary, DSE
Languages in which I can give lessons
Services I Offer
Online tutoring, Home tutoring, Local venue