What do I enjoy most about tutoring?
- The most favourite part of tutoring is being able to pass on the knowledge you have gained to your students and that they understand it completely
My Strengths as Tutor
- Able to listen to the student's needs
- Able to sympathise with their school life, workload, stress from the environment (friends, family matters, etc.)
- Enough knowledge to teach the students
- Patience to teach even if the student doesn't understand
- Able to motivate the students or provide some incentives
- Not judging their ability to learn
Most important things I can do for a student
A tutor should be able to bring out the students strengths (i.e. students may have a better learning style than other students) and able to personalise their teaching to each student. We should also be able to engage the student in what they are learning and try to build connections to their hobbies/interests.
A tutor should also be non-judgemental, have patience in their teaching and provide a desire to help students. The tutor should also have the ability to explain the same material in several ways since different students have different ways of understanding concepts.
English Language tutoring
High School Attended
University College London
Achieved 1st Honours in both Year 1 and Penultimate year of study
- I enjoy teaching younger children!
- I enjoy communicating/socialising with friends & families and enjoy doing various sports (i.e. swimming and basketball)
- Working as a private tutor in Hong Kong teaching students in primary school and secondary school (i.e. AP, A-level Maths)
- Worked at Math4me Brentwood, Canada teaching students 8-18y/o Maths and English following the Canadian Curriculum
What I can Tutor
Kindergarten, Primary, Junior Secondary
Languages in which I can give lessons
Services I Offer
Online tutoring, Home tutoring