Pathways To Learning... Since 2005
Hong Kong Registered School 566985

In-Person or Online

Course Finder

IGCSE Results Hong Kong – What can we help you with?

Every year, when International GCSE (IGCSE) results come out, we always hope students have achieved the grades they wanted. If you did then most probably you are going to continue with whatever course of action you had planned through the year, such as going on to take your A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB). The IGCSE also allows students to move to vocational education (such as BTEC) and is generally considered the minimum qualification for employment.

Below you can find some answers to frequently asked questions about what you can do next after finishing your IGCSEs.

Congratulations! If you already have an educational pathway in mind (for example doing the IB Diploma or A-levels at school) then you can just carry on — and get assistance with your courses from us as and when you need it. If you are not entirely sure — maybe you are considering exactly which subjects to take — then contact us for a free consultation. Choosing A-levels or IBDP elective subjects and Higher Levels is often crucial in determining what degree courses you can apply for so this is not just about the next 2 years, it is about the next 5 or 6.

This may depend a little bit on your current school. They may have rules for what you can do. If what the school allows you to do is not entirely what you would like to do then come and see us. We are Hong Kong’s only official A-level school with non-traditional learning approaches. Our full-time “private candidate” students study 3 A-level subjects with as little as 6 hours per week classroom time. With flexible options to suit many different approaches and philosophies for education. Come and speak to us with no obligation.

Contact Us

You can discuss your options with your exam centre. It is possible to retake subjects. It might be worth considering having the paper remarked. You could redo an IGCSE course with ITS. Speak to us about how this could be achieved around your current plans.

Contact Us

One option would be becoming a private candidate with ITS which is the only non-traditional official A-level centre in Hong Kong. You do both your learning and your exams at ITS. We offer both a two year programme and an accelerated one year Science programme. Or you can have a personally tailored programme set up for you. Have a look at our private candidate page or contact us.

Alternatively, you can do an A-level with us in addition to your other school curriculum to bolster your uni application package. Contact us for more information.

Get expert UK University admission advice
Get expert USA University admission advice

Get in touch with us. We can assist with a school search strategy in Hong Kong, and also offer a bespoke school search service for schools in the UK.


Dulwich College Singapore

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.

Share Now!