Pathways To Learning... Since 2005
Hong Kong Registered School 566985

In-Person or Online

Course Finder

How to select the right universities:

Students often receive insufficient advice from their school counselors who have too many students to manage. Additionally, they often have good familiarity with one system, but not so often two or more.

Choosing a university is so much more than rankings (which factor in school endowment, graduate programs, and other metrics which are not always relevant to prospective undergraduates). We find students who are the most satisfied with their university experience are ones who have done thorough examination of their preferred course of study and researched programs within different universities to understand the strengths and emphases of different programs. And to do this effectively, you must first do a thorough examination of YOURSELF.

ITS offers a 6-hour pre-university admissions course, with experts from coaching and both university systems, to help students better understand themselves and academic philosophies of different countries and the universities within. Our support is available to both our own full-time students and those taking their main schooling elsewhere. A standard package may look like this:

  • 3 hours with US oriented counsellors
  • 3 hours with UK oriented counsellors

We appreciate that not everyone wants to look at only the UK and US and we can also help support thoughts about university in Hong Kong, China, Canada, Australia and others.

See what our students say

Contact Us

Choosing Your University

Danny Harrington

Danny Harrington

M.A. (Oxford)
DipHE (London)
CELTA (RSA/Cambridge)
ITS Education Founder

Danny Harrington

Richard Hinchman

Ed.D. (Taft)
M.A. (Norwich)
B.A. (V.Tech)
Application Concierge

UK destinations:

You have to apply through the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). ITS is a fully registered UCAS centre (#S45903) and provides full university application support for anyone who asks, be they ITS students or not. 

UCAS application support includes:

  • course choice and selection strategy
  • personal statement writing
  • writing of the reference
  • submission of the application (including the application fee)
  • monitoring of the application
  • subsequent advice regarding offer

Some courses require entrance exams. We are an official test centre (HK109) for Cambridge Admissions Testing and provide teaching, exam prep, enrolment and invigilation of these tests (including BMAT, STEP, TSA Oxford and many more). More information about ITS UCAS support and UK university entrance exams.

We are also experts in applying to Oxbridge

Contact Us

US destinations:

There are hundreds of universities that can provide students with a bachelor’s degree to serve them for all future pathways: graduate school, professional schools, or entering the workforce. The variety of universities in the US means that students are not looking at aggregate Top University Lists, like those produced by USNews. Students need to consider all of the below as they decide where to apply and how to tailor applications:

  • Student Passions
  • Academic Profile (Strengths and Weaknesses)
  • School and Community Engagement
  • Choice of Major(s) and Minor(s)
  • Geographic and Cultural Preferences
  • SAT/ACT scores
  • And much more…

Contact Us

European destinations

In recent years, many European universities have expanded the number of courses they offer that are taught in English. This acknowledges that is the most widely spoken international language and allows many more students from around the world to consider accessing these excellent universities, among some of the oldest and highest attaining in the world.

ITS works with renowned euro-based advisors EMG School Placement to allow students to consider and access university courses in two of most highly sought after destinations - Germany and The Netherlands.

Contact Us

English proficiency tests

Universities in countries where English is the/a 'first' language often require proof of English language ability from students originating other countries. This is both an academic and an immigration/visa requirement. You need to check what tests you may need based on:

  • where you want to study
  • the subject you wish to study
  • your passport
  • your country of birth
  • your current country of study
  • the academic qualifications you hold

ITS has courses and 1-to-1 tuition for globally recognized English proficiency exams IELTS and PTE. Or we can tutor you for another test you prefer.

For more information please call +852 2116 3916 or drop us an email at [email protected].

Contact Us

Dulwich College Singapore

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.

Share Now!